The objective of the program is to help you express yourself more fluently in Spanish. Students learn how people use the language in real life, how they speak to each other in the street, how they socialize, etc
- We concentrate on all of the fundamental language learning skills: reading, writing, listening and speaking
- All classes are given in Spanish. The groups are small in number, the teacher is able to deal with the specific needs of each student on a more personal basis
- The programme also aims to integrate students into our culture. Visits to cultural centres, museums, other towns, etc. are arranged, in an attempt to ensure that all students are fully immersed in Spanish life
The school is situated on one of the main streets of Valencia Old Town,
in the district of El Carmen. A tangled web of narrow streets, alleys
and plazas packed with terraces, El Carmen has become Valencia’s
most famous and fascinating neighborhood. The school is surrounded
by history, culture, shops, cafes, historical sites and the energetic
Spanish city life.
- During the course students become
immersed in Spanish language and culture, learn how people use the
language in real life, how they speak to each other in the street, how they socialise
- Students develop skills that they can immediately practise
outside the classroom.
- There are four Spanish classes every day, lessons can be in the morning of following a zig-zag schedule (some days in the morning with activities taking place in the afternoon and some days activities take place in the morning and lessons in the
- Our Spanish lessons focus on communication skills although grammar and vocabulary are also important
- We offer 6 different levels according to the Instituto Cervantes curriculum which is based in the Common European Framevowk (CEF)
At the end of the course, students are given an attendance certificate indicating the course taken, the number of hours of study and the level reached, in addition to a detailed report on their progress in each language area
The courses are divided up into 6 different levels: from beginner to advanced levels
Spanish level test
On the first day of class, students are given a talk about the programme they will be studying, and have to take a level test. Once the test has been corrected, they are incorporated into the group
You will use a textbook in class, together with supplemental material such as newspaper/press articles, adverts, audio-visual materials etc.
Our method combines a traditional grammar approach with a more modern communicative focus. To put it simply, great importance is placed on practising grammar in communicative contexts which reproduce situations you might come across in everyday life.
We are proud to be part of International House
World Organization (IHWO) which has over 60 years’ experience in improving quality in language teaching. We are also accredited by the Instituto Cervantes.
Our students come from a growing number of countries all with the aim of
learning or improving their understanding way of life. In the school friendly atmosphere perfect to use your new language skills to make new friends.
Arrivals are normally on Sundays and
departures on Saturdays (extra nights might be possible at extra cost). We pick up the students at the airport and take them to the host family or residence.
On departure students are picked up at
their accommodation and driven to the departure terminal of the airport. They will be helped to do the check-in and will be guided up to the passport control before the departure gates.